It must have been. Huh.
So. Update time. The Kid is now The Teen. Hi is 14 in a few weeks, and I am super proud of him. He is a Leading Cadet in The Australian Air Force Cadets. He is really into it, and is going to start learning to fly a glider on the 7th of May. He is freaking HUGE, at roughly 6ft and 80kg. I look positively midget-like standing next to him. And he is only going to get bigger. He is doing well at school, and continues to amaze us with his maturity.
The husband. He was going to get banded. He decided for a lot of reasons not to. I am proud of him. He admitted to himself that he wasn't ready, and he stood by it. It would have been easy for him to just get it done, and not comply with the diet and exercise, and then complain that the band didn't work for him. I am proud of his honesty.
Me. Exhausted. Happy. Nuts. A little bit heavier than I'd like, but I am working on it. I am sitting at 62kg. Not a bad weight, but it's more than I want to weigh. I gained it during a very prolonged illness last year (pneumonia, followed by pneumonia, then 4 weeks later pneumonia - it sucked ass. Five months of HELL) It took forever to get better. So, after all the steroids, and no exercise, I gained 7kg. The doctor wasn't upset with my gain, in fact he was pleased I didn't lose weight and get sicker (perhaps he had a point. Funny I only see it now I am typing it out) It just doesn't sit well with me. I am too driven to accept that! LOL! Back on the weight loss band wagon for me!
Today was ANZAC day in Australia and New Zealand. The Teen participated in 2 ANZAC ceremonies. The first at 5am, then the second at 8:30. The first was a very low key affair at the local uni, and the second was a bigger event hosted by the RSL. The Teen marched the whole 2km parade carrying the RSL's banner with three of his fellow cadets. For those on my Facebook, I have posted a few pics. The Teen's Granddad would have been very proud of him today.
I was lucky enough to have today off work, so I got to have a nap. And I guess it's time for a run.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Has it really been a year??
Posted by Sammee at 5:45 PM
Labels: DH, Me, running, weight loss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment