CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 30, 2006

Three you say?

Well, it had to happen. The third piece of bad luck.

Today at school, my DS was kicked in the face by a little bastard on the jungle gym, chipping the lenses, and bending the frames of his glasses.

I am pissed beyond words. I marched DS and said glasses up to the school office to complain where I made little to no sense. Thankfully the lady at the desk got what I was saying, understood that the kid who kicked DS is a little bastard (he is well known for being an assclown) and promised to pass this on to the headmaster.

DS and I went straight to the optometrist, and they said they should be able to fix them. Thankfully. I usually buy DS new glasses at the start of the year anyway (my health insurance pays for the lenses and a good chunk of the frames if I wait till the start of the calendar year) so I would only be moving it up a few months, but I would have to cover 100% of the cost.

But the cost not the only point. If I were to kick someone in the face, on say a ladder, breaking their glasses, it would be assault - right? Why is this different for kids? I don't' get it.

0 comments: