Thanks to everyone who kept him in their prayers.
He is happily in his new hospital style bed (one of the electric types... Really cool, but cost us an arm and a leg)
His lungs are pretty clear, and his BP and pulse are better. Not by a great deal, but better. Again, thanks to everyone for their prayers.
What is going on with me?
Well, today - the first day in TWO WEEKS that I haven't had to go anywhere, I didn't put a bra on till 11.35am. Bliss.
I am feeling pretty damm shitty though. You might remember how I did an interview for a magazine. Well, they said that their photo editor, and photographer would be in touch this week, and that they would send out the paper work I had to sign, and that I would get a call back, and have the article read to me for approval.
It's Saturday. And nothing. I feel pretty pissed off. I told FIL about the interview, thinking it would cheer him up. It did, but he told EVERYONE in the family. I know, he is proud of me, and that is why he went blabbing. And I guess I didn't say not to tell anyone. But now I feel like a liar.
Maybe the phone calls and paperwork are just a wee bit late. I don't know. But I have this feeling that because I *was* boasting about it, it's not happening. You know, the whole "Pride goeth before a fall" type thing? I can't help but think that they have canned the idea, and are not doing the story now.
Last Saturday, I went for a run, and toward the end of the run my left knee started to hurt. Not badly at first, and I continued my run. By the end of the run (I cut it short because of the pain), I was in agony. I have developed "runners knee".
Fun.
So my first stop is some groovy orthotics, but if they do not resolve the issue, off the the podiatrist. But in the meantime, in the last 2 weeks, I have run less than 30km. That is really starting to get me down. If I cannot get back to my full training schedule within the next couple of weeks or so, I am out of the 10k I wanted to run in September. I guess I still have that 10k in December...
And on top of all of this. I lost my engagement ring. I cried till my eyes were swollen. This year is our 10th year. In less than a month (18 days to be exact) is the date of our engagement (engaged 18th August, married 13th December) I made a claim with my insurance company, but all the money in the world is not going to bring the ring that DH got down on bended knee and proposed to me with.
I am shattered.
Maybe I deserve all this for being a boastful asshole. I don't know. I really don't.
Oh yeah. We had DS's cat, Fluffy, de-sexed yesterday. She is now roaming the house meowing. Poor little thing.
It never rains, just pours, right?
Saturday, June 30, 2007
FIL is home
Posted by Sammee at 11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
OH Hun, I am so sorry for you being so down. congrats on your FIL being home that is a good thing.
if I would of saw this earlier I would of told you not to worry, good things come to people who deserve it. And you deserve it.
I am sorry about your ring hun, nothing will ever replace it but you still have donald so things could be worse.
I hope your new ring is "almost" as beautiful as your original one. Weren't you and donald going to be renewing your vows this year? Well there is a perfect time for hubby to get your new set.
Much Love.
Post a Comment