CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 09, 2007

26 months post op lap band, 10 months post op Abdominopasty

Time flies huh?

Mothers Day 2007 is a day I will remember with such pride for the rest of my life. I ran a 4.5km race in 28.35 minutes, placing 420th out of 1300 odd runners. My husband and son were both at the finish line beaming, tears in my husbands eyes - They were that proud of me.

Mothers Day 3 years ago I would have never dreamed that I would haul my ass out of bed at 5.45am to be in the city by 7.15am, for a run that started at 7.45am.

I was at my highest weight three years ago. I have no idea how heavy I was, really. My scales only went to 145kg. I was well over that. So how far I really came to get to that run on the 13th? I don't know. I do know that I worked harder than I ever have in my whole life to get there. And I am proud of myself.

Oddly enough, I feel shame in my pride.

Logically there is no good reason, but I feel like I should have never gotten as big as I did to start with, so why should I be proud of losing weight, and being normal? Where is the achievement in being normal. Being like everyone else?

On the other hand, I am proud of my run, and my running in general. I am doing something that "normal" people don't / can't / won't do. That is something I am proud of.

Sam.
26 months post op
Highest weight ever 145kg / 319lbs or more
Weight now 49.5kg / 108lbs
Running a daily 5km in 31 minutes.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

You should be proud of yourself. I am very proud of you.