http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25089795-421,00.html
GOODNA couple Josh Brennan and Leanne Rowe were supposed to celebrate their dream wedding on the Gold Coast yesterday.
But instead of toasting their future together, they were preparing for the funeral for their four-year-old daughter, Yolanda.
She was supposed to be their flower girl, but Yolanda's young life ended in minutes on Friday night, the eve of their wedding day, when she drowned in a pool at the Burleigh Palms Resort, The Sunday Mail reports.
The little girl was found face down alone on the bottom of the pool at about 8.30pm.
"She was a girl's girl. Bubbly and bright, loud and outgoing," a relative told The Sunday Mail.
"The family is not holding up so good. Everybody's loss of life is a tragedy. When it's a child it's hard to fathom and comprehend.
"It is bad enough without being on your wedding day. It's something you read about and say, 'How did that happen?'," the relative said.
I sold this couple their wedding rings on Monday. They were happy to be getting married, for their kids to be involved in the wedding.
Now their baby girl is gone. I saw the story (without the names) this morning, and I mentioned to DH that this family sounded like the one I had in the store on Monday. I got home this afternoon, and a quick google search brought this up. I cried so hard for that family this afternoon. I cannot imagine what they are going through.
Think of them at this awful time.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Oh. My.
Posted by Sammee at 5:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
oh my god. how tragic.
Post a Comment