Today was a good day.
My sanity, such as it is, is intact.
I should point out that we are at the tail end of a 2 week school holiday. I have had J 24 hours a day, for the last 13 days. I love him to death, but the never ending "Mum, come and watch me play The Simpsons" or when we play Scrabble, him pointing out, like the little prude he is that fart, ass and poo are not nice words.
Wait till he gets a bit older.... The big guns will come out! Fuck, shit, and all the other swear words I can think of will come out.
I hate scrabble. I really do. When playing with D and J, words like beaver, mound, flaps, tuna, willy, flap, all have me in convusions of laughter. Yes, I am that juvenile. Sue me. This is the shit that keeps it interesting.
So yes. Today was a good day. I got a 90 minute walk in. Fuck me that was awesome. I felt so alive, sweaty, tingly... If only D was around for a fuck after that. That could have been the only thing that could have made it better. I ended up doing 300 odd sit ups, and 150 ish push ups.
The best part?
No "Mum, can I have a drink?" or "Mum, my legs hurt, I wanna go hooommmeee...." (this is usually said 2 minutes after we leave the house, and repeated every two minutes till we are finished, or I say fuck it, and give up)
And while I was doing the push ups, no "Mum, how long are you going to be?" No, "Mum, your belly looks like the skin of the pork roast we had last week" (while I admit this is sadly, very true, I hardly need it pointed out, mid sit up, by an annoying 9 year old) No "Muuummmm.... I'm BORED"
That said, I have missed him. Why?
I don't know either. I think this is what being a Mum, and loving your kids is all about.
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
My sanity, such as it is
Posted by Sammee at 7:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment