CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

FIL is now nil by mouth because when he does take anything thing liquid, it i going straight to his lungs.

They put him on an IV of normal saline, just so he stays hydrated, but after putting through close to 2l of saline, his output was only 240ml.

I don;t know what to make of that yet, because I haven't talked to the doctors, but it looks to me like his kidneys are shutting down.

DH took MIL to the hospital this morning, and I am going to take DS shopping for a suit. I want to be ready for it when it happens. I don't want to have to worry about what DS is wearing.

Then DS and I will get to the hospital for a visit.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I am so exhausted right now I can barley think straight. I have been existing on less than 3 hours of sleep a night, and everything is going to shit around me, but I have to be there. I wouldn't want to die alone. Step BIL and SIL came for a visit yesterday, and he pretended to be asleep, and as soon as they went he "woke up" and talked to me for a little while. He told me that DH has been a good son, and SIL (not the step SIL) has been a good daughter, and that he will miss them when he is gone. The he looked at me and told me that he loved them, and to make sure I told them that.

I don't know if he will make it, or how long he has, but I don't think it's long.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I went through this last October with my FIL. It's tough to watch. Hugs to you and your family.

Unknown said...

I continue to pray for you and yours dearest. Seems he has made peace with this.
Hugs sweet one.