CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Alright boys and girls

Time for an update!


FIL is now safe and sound in his new nursing home. Actually, its been almost 2 weeks (I think. I keep losing track of time - its a serious problem!)

Anyway, my life still revolves around taking my MIL to and from hospitals and assorted destinations (the newest being her SIL's hospital in Nambour - a 500km round trip from home)

So between carting MIL around, and looking after the regular day to day crap, I haven't had much time to myself.

The 6th marked the 2nd anniversary of getting to my goal weight.

Yay me.


I had a quicker than quick look at LBT today.

I have to say, I am not too sure about that place these days. And the mentor thing has me both shaking my head and laughing out loud. I LOVE the way the idiots jump up and down and say "Pick me!! I ROCK and I can show you how to lose a million pounds in 5 minutes! All you gotta do is be real restricted, puke up everything you eat, and refuse an unfill!"

Yes. I am talking about Grace. I actually laughed out loud when I saw the thread offering herself up as mentor. I don't know if it was in that thread, but she said somewhere it was/is ok to eat like shit and gain weight because of stress.

What a moron.

Attention Grace!! I had a devastating miscarriage, 3 months of hell, followed by putting my FIL in a nursing home, and I managed NOT TO GAIN WEIGHT. It can be done my love. It can be done.

I could never be a mentor. So this doesn't come from a place of jealousy. I know I wouldn't cut it. A few good reasons jump out at me without even thinking about it.

1. I don't like hero worship. I hate having people fawn over me. Even if it is genuine, it feels... I don't know... Wrong? I don't like it anyway. And it seems to go hand in hand with being a mentor over at LBT. In fact, it looks to be a requirement.

2. I know bloody well what worked (and works) for me won't suit everyone. And I know that my take no shit attitude doesn't suit the hand holding that being a mentor requires.

3. I am not online enough. It's pretty hit or miss at the moment. Hopefully life will settle down, and I can get online more for the fun stuff, but right now, I just don't have time.

But anyway. LBT has Grace, and her words of wisdom on being overfilled, surviving on soda pop (OMG - LMAO) and not wanting to unfill despite being malnourished.

I am just so glad I am not a newbie now. Rock on Grace. Rock on.


Ok. Forget about Coffee Talk Ladies. Apparently, the people who sold us the board wanted it back, and deleted our database. If they wanted it back that bad, all they had to do was ask. I would have gladly sold (or even given) it back to them. As it is they can go get fucked. I don't have time for this shit.

2 comments:

She Smiles said...

Umm, I couldn't agree with you more about the mentor thing! And I've not posted much there lately either, there are a couple of new (very frequent) posters that just rub me the wrong way, and they aren't even banded yet!

Congrats on the 2 years. I'm STILL trucking away at trying to get there....got any advice on a one size fits all solutions? LOL.

Ang said...

Congrats on two years at goal weight, that is fabulous!