CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Holy Shit! Some people DO suck!

Went shopping for food today (as you do) got to the checkout, the checker squashed my paw paw, and cherries with the milk bottles. I told her they were now squished, and she offered to put them in a new bag. I said "why bother? they are squashed already"

So I pay with my ATM card, put in my pin and so on.. It's all done, and she hands me the docket, says goodbye and without looking at it I jam it into my handbag. I walk out.

I get to my car, and I get this chick call out REALLY loudly "You STOLE those groceries! You didn't pay!" and the security guard who is with her grabs my arm!

I pulled away from him and insist that I did pay, and that I had the docket in my handbag. By this stage, everyone in the car park is standing around just watching this unfold.

I dive into my handbag, and pull out the docket I was handed, and looked at it for the first time. It is an offline transaction slip (the type they print out when the ATM lines are down, and they have you sign them)

I had it to the chick, and she says, that didn't go through. I said, I think it did, I just need to sign this. She humphs, and says "do you have a pen" Naturally Joseph has taken the pen out of my handbag to draw his Star Wars comic he is working on, and hasn't put it back.

I say, no I don't have one. She says, well come back into the store then. The guard under his breath says "yeah, then I can detain you"

I say, no I don't think so. If I have to I will buy a pen at the newsagent. So I buy the pen, sign the paper, show her my ATM card so she can match the signature, and say "Can I go now?" She says "Yeah I guess" The guard says "we could have busted her for shoplifting!"

I get into my car and burst into tears. I have never been so humiliated in my whole life.

Moral of the story? Check your receipts.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Like I said earlier I hope you have your lawyer on Retainer.