CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Ok. Am I old fashioned?

I am a stay at home mum. I do do a little book keeping for my DH here and there, but nothing much really.

I believe that it is my job, as the partner without obligations outside the home, to do all the housework (childcare,laundry, cleaning, shopping cooking and so on)

I am being told that women should expect help around the house from their husbands, despite them working for up to (in my DH's case anyway) 70 hours a week.

How the fuck is that fair? I only have one kid (a kid who is almost 11 by the way... He looks after himself a lot at this stage, he is exercising his independence). And the house is spotless within a few hours even if it was a mess when I started.

I just don't get why my DH would have to pitch in after a 14 hour day, when I could have gotten it all done within 2 or 3 hours? (maybe add a bit for cooking and shopping, so maybe 4 hours?)

When I worked full time, we divided housework 50/50, and that was fair, because I worked as much as he did. But I just cannot see how it is fair to be a SAHM, and expect DH to do housework??

Am I just old fashioned?

0 comments: