CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

By Thor. I love being judged for being judgemental

They hypocrisy of it all!

Here, this is what I mean. I just got around to checking out my comments This is one from Sarah;
I think it's awesome that you've lost so much weight, and have kept it off for so long. You obviously have a great amount of emotional and physical strength.

I lost incredible amounts of weight before I had my band. I also gained incredible amounts of weight.

Everyone makes excuses for different reasons, and for different issues in their lives. People make choices, and do what they need to do in order to survive everyday. Not everyone who is morbidly obese is that way because of a conscious choice they've made; insisting that it's the truth will not change the truth.

Even though the most difficult part is over for you, try to imagine yourself in someone else's shoes - someone who is *entirely* different from you. Not just someone who is morbidly obese - Imagine for a moment, if you will, that you're a victim of sexual or physical abuse who eats for comfort, to lower the chances of anyone worthwhile being sexually attracted to you. When that comfort is taken away, panic sets in and takes away all thoughts of losing weight and being "happy".

The only thing that matters at that moment is the fear, and the need for comfort. Just imagine that, and see how easy it is for you to tell that person that they're just making up excuses. If you can still say that, when you know the whole story, then you truly are judgmental, and even a bit heartless. Surely it isn't that black and white for you, in your life. Why expect that it's any different for people struggling with similar, or very different, issues with weight?

Sarah. Sweetheart. You assume that I was never sexually abused, never violated... You just assume darling.

We all have our crosses to bear. Everyone. The trick in this life, the only one you get, is to rise above it, and get the fuck on with life.

If we can't move on we get stuck in that spot, re living it day in, day out.

So NEVER assume that because someone appears to be "judgmental, and even a bit heartless" to you, don't assume it's because they haven't been victims.

*If* I am that, it's because I refuse to be a victim to my past. Held hostage like so many other people I see who can't move on, who are trapped by it. But I am not. If I was honestly heartless and judgemental, I would have given my husband shit for losing and gaining the same 10kg over and over. If I was heartless, I would not have done half the things I have in the last couple of years.

I am just a very strong person. I encourage others to be the same. Be the strongest person you can be.

And if you HONESTLY think I am heartless. Fuck off.

4 comments:

She Smiles said...

Just because people don't discuss all their demons on the internet doesn't mean they don't have any! Bloody hell. You can never assume to know everything there is to know about someone, let me say that from experience!

I agree, Fuck off Sarah.

Julie's Journey said...

well said!!!!

Gloucester said...

Hi, Chickie...this is my first time responding to your blog, but I've read it in the past.

People are so full of shit...I don't get it! It's astounding that people type that crap and BELIEVE IT.

What makes it NOT black and white? You either get off your ass and eat well or you DON'T. Simple, right?

Why are people holding on to this "comfort food" crap? It's BULLSHIT. I was raped when I was five, continuously until I was seven. I have other family drama still going on today, mind you - and it has nothing to do with my weight loss.

Weight gain? Yeah, probably... Looking back, I can see the correlation of comfort food and drama. But, I've been self-aware for a long time now and the only thing between me and my goal is laziness.

Past is PAST. Get over it, people! The funny thing is, they spend more time and energy finding reasons not to do anything about being a victim than they do to overcome it. Why? What makes being a martyr that appealing?

Okay...sorry...I just got really mad at what Sarah (whoever she is...) wrote, and the hypocrisy of it all. I may not agree with everything at LBT, but I feel bad that people attack the ones at goal.

Anonymous said...

I definitely don't think you're heartless. I had to laugh when I saw the remarks telling me to fuck off. I will not fuck off, simply because that's just not my style. I was assuming a lot, I suppose, and for that I apologize. You also assume a lot about me, judging from your response, but I won't dwell on that. I am never one to think that I know all there is to know about *anything*, let alone *people* I have never spoken to in person. From your blog posts, I can tell that you're obviously a very driven person, and someone who has spent an incredible amount of energy on improving yourself. You must be very strong in order to have achieved all that you have. Hurray for you! I also agree with what you said about moving on and not letting the past hold one hostage. I guess my point, previously, was that some people haven't reached the point that you've reached yet, and it's quite unreasonable to expect that everyone who needs to, WILL reach that point now, if ever. By the way, I rather prefer an intelligent conversation to "fuck off" as a response, any day. Thanks for your great blog, and for everything you've done for yourself; you're really an inspiration to those of us who haven't reached our goals. I can definitely appreciate your point of view.
Best regards,
Sarah H.