CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Found the pants!

I tried everywhere short of Myers (I usually don't stress about spending money on good clothes, but navy isn't a colour I wear, so I didn't want to sink money into them if the job doesn't work out. And even if it does, I will be issued with a uniform after 3 months... Hence my reluctance to spend lots of $$$)

Anyway, I ended up getting them in of all places Susan Grey. In a wide leg, short length. Joy. The search is ovah.



Ok. Something that is bugging me (gee, nothing usually bugs ME)

My surgeon has a fantastic down to earth attitude. He is a real person. Not the usual surgeon type.

We agree on pretty much everything, and every time I go in to see him is is usually for a god natter on the latest studies, attitudes and other WLS and obesity crap.

So, there is this chick who sees the same surgeon, and she is forever saying "My surgeon says this" and "my surgeon says that" and it bugs the shit out of me. Have a fucking opinion of your own.

It happens that I agree with the man, but if I didn't... You get what I mean. I just can't stand it, because she is quoting him, and that isn't really what he says to me when I see him. It's odd. I think she hears what she wants to, and regurgitates the bits that sound good.

Meh. I wonder if her opinions / thoughts / comments will change when she is actually banded?

2 comments:

Mickers said...

Hi Sam
Just wanted to agree with you about John (the surgeon) we rarely discuss too much about the band, now around 6 months in, it's just do you need a fill? yes no and then a chat about real stuff which I think he gets more about how I am living with the band. He is very easy to talk to a good guy. Oh and on the pants if you cant get stuff the right leg length try the guy how does alterations across the road from RB plaza, he is good $12 for pant hems. He just took in a jacket for me and did a great job.(-32kg so far).

Mickers said...

Hi Sam
Just wanted to agree with you about John (the surgeon) we rarely discuss too much about the band, now around 6 months in, it's just do you need a fill? yes no and then a chat about real stuff which I think he gets more about how I am living with the band. He is very easy to talk to a good guy. Oh and on the pants if you cant get stuff the right leg length try the guy how does alterations across the road from RB plaza, he is good $12 for pant hems. He just took in a jacket for me and did a great job.(-32kg so far).