CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

I do love my MIL

And I know that she just lost her husband, but the conversation is, and always has been the same...

"I got up, and had a bit of toast and took my medication, then I answered the phone... And then I had a nap, then I went to church, then I came home and answered the phone, and then...."

You get the message.

I love her to bits, but the conversation is always the same, and always as stimulating.

And now she is trying to make me feel guilty for not taking that bread she brought yesterday, and saying that she will be okay without a light in her kitchen. That she can wait till my DH comes to fix it in a couple of days (in a sad panda voice)

Long conversations about nothing I can live without. Honest.

Maybe the anti-Chickie peeps have it right. Maybe I am a bitch.

But I have been on the phone for 45 fucking minutes, and I need to pee, and am very hungry. Very.

Edit to add;

Okay. I do sound a wee bit cunt-tastic there. She is frustrating me. I am not dealing with it well. Me going back to work, and getting a bit of space from her is the best thing, I think.

This bit of insight brought to you by a 5k run (and I know I am limited to 3k, but I can take it off one of my other runs. I know it doesn't work that way. Feel free to point and laugh when I hurt myself)

0 comments: