The "perfect BMI weight" for me is around 130. I haven't weighed that since I was in elementary school. The statistical weight loss puts me at 192. To be honest, 130 seems like a fantasy right now.......I have dreamed of it and failed at it so many times.. let me get to 192 and then RESET my goal?
Yes, I will exercise. Yes, I will use all my resources to follow my surgeon's directions 100%. I will not be the woman on LBT who eats ice cream and wonders why she's not losing weight.
But Chickie, as amazing a goddess as I think you are, remember that we all have to walk our own path.
I have never, ever said anyone should be a particular weight. I HATE that people get that from me. I don't know what I am saying besides 'You can get to a healhty BMI if you want to" to make people believe that I am thinking/saying this.
I fucking KNOW we all have our own path to walk. Hell. My husband is overweight. If I don't pick on him, and condemn him for being over weight why the fuck would bother with anyone else?
I honestly don't CARE what size or shape you (general you,not anyone in particular) want to be. All I say (and I am beginning to sound like Rainman) is that if you WANT to be at a healthy BMI you CAN. Not that you have to. Not that you are required to. Not that I will think less of you if you don't(and lets be honest, why would you care if I did anyway?)
But I am getting sick and tired of people thinking they know what I think.
If you want to know what I think, here it is.
If you want to be fat. Fantastic!
If you want to be thin. Fantastic!
If you want to be somewhere in between. Fantastic!
Because at the end of the day, when I put my head on my pillow, all I care about is the fact that my husband is beside me, and sleeping soundly in the next room is my son.
I really don't care about the aims and goals of random strangers I come across on the interwebs. Honest, I don't.
So next time the Grace's and Shortgals of this world decide to read my blog, or look at my pictures, and decide that I would think they are fat, they can guess again. Because I don't. Until someone opens their gobs, and spews forth bullshit and ugliness, I don't think anything negative of them.
1 comments:
Chickie, you're a far nicer person than I would have been. Honestly, I would have just said, "If you don't have the balls to post with your real name, shove off."
That fucking double standard at LBT chaps my ass like nothing else. Well, other than the BS at OH, anyway, lol. ;>)
God forbid someone actually come out and say that, "Yes, if you have a BMI in the overweight range, you are likely OVERWEIGHT, unless, of course, you are an Olympic weightlifter." You'd think they'd been called fat, piggy slobs. Overweight doesn't mean that someone's unattractive or that they CAN'T be healthy. But yes, they DO weigh more than is truly healthy, they DO have a higher chance of health problems, and their doctor probably DOES want them to drop a few more pounds. And I'm saying this as an almost-obese woman, for crying out loud.
Jesus, 95% of the time, someone saying shit along the lines of "If I had a BMI of XX, I'd be skin and bones" doesn't even REMEMBER being at that weight, if they were ever that weight in the first place. They don't have a damn clue what they'd look like, they are just making excuses because they either A) don't want to put the necessary effort into getting to that point, or B) really don't think they CAN get to that point, so they pretend that they don't want to.
Bah. I'll stop now before I take over your entire blog, lol.
Post a Comment