All in all, it looks like the average weight loss is about 50 to 60% of excess weight.
So don't bother trying any harder. Mmmmkay?
Ok. Obviously I need to clarify this post.
The people who posted this were saying that a 'healthy BMI' is unattainable anyway, so the 50-60% all they are shooting for. That along with the fact that what's considered a healthy weight is too skinny for them and their 400lbs of muscle.
It wasn't an attempt to put anyone down, it was more me being totally frustrated with the way people underestimate themselves and their ability.
Not every person is the same, nor are their goals. I have never said that anyone should be a certain weight,or BMI, but I HAVE said that a healthy BMI is attainable, and it is considered a healthy BMI for a reason. And there is a BMI "range" for a reason. To accommodate the differing body types.
3 comments:
cool... i guess i can stop now ... GRRRRRRR
The "perfect BMI weight" for me is around 130. I haven't weighed that since I was in elementary school. The statistical weight loss puts me at 192. To be honest, 130 seems like a fantasy right now.......I have dreamed of it and failed at it so many times.. let me get to 192 and then RESET my goal?
Yes, I will exercise. Yes, I will use all my resources to follow my surgeon's directions 100%. I will not be the woman on LBT who eats ice cream and wonders why she's not losing weight.
But Chickie, as amazing a goddess as I think you are, remember that we all have to walk our own path.
I dunno *shrug* I kind of think you are a bit of an amazing goddess.
Its a real shame that some people read into things what they want. They might actually learn something if they sat back and thought about it for half a second.
Post a Comment