CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

All I want for Christmas is...

An Opera subscription.

It's in my BLOOD! I am so in love with the feeling of the theatre.

This year The Barber of Seville, The Magic Flute and Turandot will all be on at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, and I wanna go (stamps foot, pouts and folds arms under breasts... Hoping that this will attract DH's attention to said boobies, and he will cave in, and buy me the expensive box seats I want)

I am taking MIL to see the Nutcracker for Christmas (performed by the Queensland Ballet company) And we are going to take Jr to see Les Ballets Grandiva - Men in Tutus on the 31st (if I can still get tickets at this late date) So it's not like I am totally without culture if I don't get my opera subscription... But I want it! I need it!!

So? What do you all want for Christmas?

And what are your charitable acts this year?

I have in the works Operation Christmas Child
and we always do the Target wishing tree (DS picks out a boy toy, and a girl toy for a child of his age group, and we do baby clothes in both boy and girl, and nappies) and we will all (hopefully DH too this year) will be working in the kitchen at the church's Christmas Eve dinner for the homeless and lonely.

All that said... Is it too early to put the tree up? I have some fab new decorations for the tree this year (gold ribbons and sleigh bells with my clear lights... I can't wait to see how it looks!)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

i hope you get your tickets that you want, I am sure hubby will give in eventually. I can honestly say I have never been to a opera or a ballet in my life.

We put up our tree on November 8th every year. hee hee it is almost time.

Unknown said...

Far too early for the tree here, still unpacking for Halloween.
Then Thanksgiving, we do our tree Thanksgiving night.
Opera tickets sounds nice, I would love to get season tickets to our PAC.
My dream Christmas present would be owning this house so we can start changing things!!!!