CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Not doing that again in a hurry!

A couple of months ago, I decided that I needed a navy blue backdrop for my photography.

So I brought some calico, and some dye, and I put it on the "to do" pile.

I finally got around to dying the fabric today. Oh. My.

Never, ever again will I go through that to save a few bucks. I am just going to buy the fabric in the required colour from now on. Don't get me wrong, it looks fab, and I can't wait to use it, but the hassle!! Not to mention the blue hands (despite gloves) and blue feet!

Now I just have to wait for my star filter to come ($50+ in photographic stores, $14 on eBay, for how often I will use it, I went with the cheap eBay option), and I am all set for Christmas photos!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What kind of dye did you use and what method?
I died cloth for Halloween, black...I use RIT dye and do it in a bucket. I hate the thought of using my washing machine. I usually only dye my own fabric for Halloween though.
Always works out better in the end to buy what I want instead.
So how long will you have Smurf hands????

Sammee said...

I used Dylon (I think? I threw the package out) in a large was basin. The instructions say to use the washing machine, but like you, I hate the idea of all that dye in the machine.

I used some bleach on my hands and feet last night and this morning, and it's not so bad now. But I just noticed a sopt on my thigh I missed.

I am going to have blue spots for a while me thinks!

Losing Jusme said...

you'll look like a Smurf!! :)