Not a real wall. But it sure felt like it.
By 4:30pm, I was so tired and sore I wanted to cry. I almost did. I don't remember being this tired, sore and emotional when I have had surgery before.
Maybe I am just expecting too much from myself to soon? Or maybe I have just turned into a big baby. I don't know.
What I do know is, I have no energy to put together a Keynote presentation of FIL's life (one that runs for roughly an hour) put together 200 order's of service for the funeral, and source 200 carnations, as well as get photos enlarged and framed.
No one is helping out with this funeral. DH has had to go back to work, and is of no help, MIL had her knee surgery yesterday (and is recovering well) and everyone else is just going about their business and leaving the lot to me.
I think I will cry now. I feel overwhelmed.
Oh, and Kath. It was nice to meet you this afternoon. But you really could have visited FIL before he died. You know, the one that was in the nursing home? The one you passed on a daily basis. Yeah. He died thinking you hated him. It would have been just as easy to visit him as it was for you to visit MIL this afternoon. It would not have been hard.
And I know that MIL asked if you if we could use your churches photocopier to run off FIL's order's of service, but frankly, I would rather drag my belly over hot coals than ask you for anything. It's nothing against your church, but when you ignored FIL during his dying days, and would introduce DH as your "Er, um, relative thing" rather than admitting he is your uncle (bearing in mind you are in your late 30's and should be more mature) it kinda coloured my opinion of you.
Hugs and kisses,
Auntie Sam
xox
(Oh, and I because I *am* younger, and far less mature than you are, I will refer to you as my "niece Kath" at every given opportunity. I know we embarrass you and that is why you talk shit about us to family friends and the church members. The day you were ordained was the day I lost all respect for the Uniting Church in Australia.)
Thursday, July 17, 2008
I hit a wall this afternoon
Posted by Sammee at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
ah babe I am sorry that things are being dropped in your lap again. I am thinking of ya and if ya need to cry just do it.
love ya
Post a Comment