CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Life, work and other crap

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who has had me and my family in their thoughts over the last couple of weeks. It's been a rough year so far, and hopefully things will get better from here.

That job that I applied for (and got) I couldn't end up taking.

They wanted me to start Monday 21st, and I would have had to take Wednesday, then Friday off work. They needed someone to start, with no time off the first week, so I decided that it was better for everyone if I didn't take the job.

But. I was standing at the car, in the car park of the crematorium, and my phone rings. It was another one of the jobs I had applied for. They asked me if I could come in for a 2nd interview. So I have a 2nd interview for a retail job (jewelry, it fits me somehow, right?) on Tuesday. Wish me luck.

So, we got home, and DS's fish were floating. Poor little bugger. He is crushed. Dexter, Harry and Brian are dead (yes, I let him read and watch Dexter). RIP little fishies (is it bad that I considered giving them to the cat?)

And now I am sick. Sore throat, body aches, a high temp (can't find my thermometer, so I don't know exactly how high) and now I have the shivers. Good times. I will have to dope myself up on cold & flu tablets for Tuesday at this rate

So, good and bad, it's all there. I think this is just life, right?

1 comments:

She Smiles said...

Good luck! If you get the job, do friends get a discount *wink, wink* ? I sure would love a 1 carat diamond solitaire.....