CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thanks

To everyone who has sent their condolences.

We miss the old bugger already, but we know that he is in a better place, and isn't in pain anymore.

While I was expecting FIL to pass away some time soon, I wasn't expecting it just then, minutes after leaving recovery.

We have arranged the funeral and wake. We have to talk to the minister tomorrow to organize the actual service.

He is a returned serviceman, so SIL and one of my nephews are playing the "Last Post" and our cross the road neighbour happens to play the bag pipes (complete with KILT!) and he will play "Amazing Grace" and a few others before / during / after. I have to sort out flowers for the wife, kids and grand kids to lay on his coffin. And SIL and I have organised bright shirts with bright ties and one of Dad's train tie pins for our boys to wear as a tribute (there are just enough for each of the 8 boys, and our husbands to each wear and keep one of Dad's train tie pins) MIL, SIL and I will all wear big, bright silk flowers on our blouses.

So it's all on track.

Hopefully if I do have to have surgery on Monday (the xray and u/s results were "accidentally" opened today, it said there is "suture matter evident" whatever THAT means. Is that what's causing the pain? Broken internal sutures? Does that explain the referred pain I am having in my left shoulder?) It will be a quick repair job. But I think I am at peace with having another surgery type if need be.

So there it is folks.

0 comments: