CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So. Nutrition isn't important?

Video here

I really do be to differ. I really do.

It bothers me on a few levels that this woman, who has only been banded 18 months, is saying that "nutrition isn't important, foods that slide down are".

But, she isn't just saying it, she wrote a cookbook full of recipes. It has;

4 soup
6 entrees
12 mains
9 desserts

Now. Beyond the liquid phase, 99.99% of banded people will not eat soup, for obvious reasons. An entree sized meal is what a pretty well restricted bandster will eat, so I see the value in entrees. Mains.. Yeah, you don't have to eat it all... But the deserts? I question their place in a band related cookbook. And why 9? When there are only a total of 18 other useful recipes?

But, I don't think that the recipes themselves are very nutritionally sound. Not balanced. From what I saw, there was little in the way of solid food, but more slider type foods. Foods that will empty out of the pouch quickly, leaving bandster hungry again.

A huge congrats to her on losing 69kg, but I am sorry, it doesn't make her qualified (in my mind at least) to write a cookbook aimed at bandsters. And her saying "Nutrition doesn't matter" is a load of bullshit. We, as people with a WLS in place need to be EXTRA careful with what we eat. We need to make sure we do receive proper nutrition through what we eat.

Red rag to a bull.

And less than an hour after I watched this story, the TV I was watching it on stopped working?

Cowinkidink?


(LOL, I don't really think that, but it's funny, no? And I will finally get my HD LCD TV! Yay!)

2 comments:

She Smiles said...

Holy shit! If my surgeon saw this he would have DIED. He is VERY strict about NUTRITION and getting in a balanced diet because I am eating so little. If I went in saying I could only eating food that was "sliding through my band" he'd take a big chunk of my fill out on the spot. That is not using your band as its intended.

I'm appalled at some of the crap that is in the media about bands. No wonder people are so gosh darn judgemental of them.

/rant

Mickers said...

My dietitian would be horrified!