CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

What a day!

Ok. So in the end I saw my surgeon.

I have a scope tomorrow at 10:15.

He isn't too sure what's going on. It might just be the tubing rubbing up against my diaphragm causing the pain, but to be on the safe side we must rule out an erosion.

I will know by this time tomorrow I guess.

Either way, I think I will be having surgery on Monday to correct whatever the problem is.

We talked about what happens if the band needs to come out. We agreed that the stats on rebanding after erosion are shocking, and I am going to go straight for either a VSG or maybe an RNY. I would have to have a healing time of somewhere between 6 to 8 weeks.

Half of me is scared shitless. But the other half is actually happy that if something is wrong, I will not be forced to reband. I will be able to have a VSG if that is what I want.

We also touched on revising the surgery even if there is nothing wrong. He isn't too keen on it, but he said if I could convince him, he would do it. So we will see I guess.

Edited some time later
Now that the pain meds have kicked in...

Part of me hopes that it is an erosion, so the choice is taken out of my hands, and I don't have to convince my doc to revise me. It might not be ideal, but it is a way out. And right now, I want a way out. I hate being in pain, and being useless, and right now, that's what I am.

0 comments: