CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Know how I was supposed to be paid for that story?

5 weeks later, and nothing. I for filled all of my obligations; the interview, the photos, and the radio interviews that the didn't tell me that I had to do till after the fact (and there was no mention of this in the contract either)

Gee. What a surprise.


It wasn't about the money, but gosh, if you say you are going to pay for a story, print it with the article that I got paid for it, PAY ME FOR IT DAMMIT. I am going to have to pay tax on this money, so it would be nice to actually get it.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey hun why would you have to pay tax on money you haven't received?

Unknown said...

I am with Jodi, why would you have to pay taxes on money not received? When I was a freelance writer I got my check stubs and then an annual tax statement.
I would contact them and ask where the $$ is, they really have jerked you around.

Sammee said...

We have to put in an activity statement every three months, and put the tax we have to pay into withholding.

I have to put a BAS in in the next few weeks, and I have the withholding put aside for that $800 already. So effectively, I have already paid the tax. It's not something I *have* to do, but because of the way the tax system works here, it makes life easier. If the money never comes, I will get the withheld back. It's because we have a small business. It sucks.

Unknown said...

That makes sense and thanks for explaining...we hope to have a small business in our future too.