CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 07, 2007

Things that make you go "Hummm..."

Now, I am not a feminist by any means. But what I realised about myself this morning during my run surprised even me.

I dress for my husband.


In the "real" world, no fuckin' way would I have spend close to $500 on a white suit (that's not counting the $120 shoes I am eyeing off, and the $89 clutch that I like to go with the dammed thing)

Why did I buy white? My husband likes me in white. I agree that I look nice in white, but is it a practical colour? No. Will it need dry cleaning every time I wear the dammed thing? Yes. Will I get more than half a dozen wears a year out of it? I don't think so.

Am I setting the feminist movement back?

Edit to add at 1.40PM
Upon reflection. Fuck it. Me liking to look beautiful for my husband is not going to send us back to the turn of the century. It's not going to change the fact that I am an equal partner in our relationship.

Why should we feel like we have to be such hard asses, and not give a shit what our partner thinks of the way we look? Why shouldn't we try to please them? I know my DH works very hard to give me the lifestyle we have, so why shouldn't I try to please him too? Be that keeping our home tidy, keeping our child clean happy and healthy, and me looking nice. I am not talking pearls and an apron here (although pearls, and an apron and nothing else might be the way to go one night where we are alone) I am talking about the basics. Partnership. Love and respect.

I think I think too much.

And my random thought for the day.

I like the shape of my face now. I never did when it was a blob. I guess it was hard to get used to my "new" face. I almost look pretty these days.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

YOu are beautiful, and no you are not setting back woman's movements. There is nothing wrong with making your man sit up and take notice.

It always feels good to know that they love what you are wearing.


Oh and just to add this do you know that having to do the word verification every single time I try to comment is annoying. haha especially when you are multiple posting LOL.