CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 02, 2007

The kid has hijacked my computer

And get to use the shitty old laptop... Hold me...

I forgot how much I hate laptop keyboards. Talk about cramped!

This is the angel I brought for us;

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Isn't she pretty? (I like earthy looking shit) I brought one for each of my in-laws and one for my mother with different colour dresses (red, orange and green).

Ahh. It's been a good day.

Burning ginger cookies, singing loudly and badly to 80's music, pissing the cat off and sitting on my ass.

Good times. This is what Christmas is about.

I did get a batch of lemon and passionfruit shortbread out that didn't burn! They are pretty tasty too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(this is what was left after DS had at them! They must be ok I guess!)

We had a lentil pizza for dinner. I was so fucking awesome. Just. So. Fucking. Good. Words cannot describe the awesome-ness that is lentil pizza.

Lentil pizza:
½ cup hummus
1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
1 x 20cm pizza base (I used Bazzar breads pizza base)
1 cup zucchini ribbons (use potato peeler to make ribbons)
1/3 cup drained brown lentils
½ cup sliced button mushrooms
½ cup roasted red capsicum, cut into thin strips
½ cup shredded pizza cheese
½ cup baby rocket leaves
1 very small onion quartered
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped


METHOD:
1. Roast capsicum with the onion, oil and garlic in a preheated oven at 200ÂșC .

2. Combine hummus and Moroccan seasoning; spread over pizza base. Top with zucchini, drained brown lentils, mushrooms and capsicum then sprinkle with pizza cheese.

3. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is just starting to turn golden and the pizza base is crisp.

3. Top with rocket leaves and serve with a side of tabouleh (just store brought stuff from Woolies, I am too lazy to make tabouleh!).

Even the kid ate it without too much complaining! A winner! (I did bribe him with a banana split for afters. I had dried figs with goats cheese in ash *wipes drool from corner of mouth*)

Never let it be said that a banded individual has to live on fucking protein shakes. Eat. For the love of all things tasty. Eat.

0 comments: