Being that we are close to mid way through November, I thought it was time to start thinking about what I want out of 2008.
On the running front, I am thinking at this stage that I would like to be in these runs;
The Mother's Day Classic (May) The 4km if I can get the DH and kid running, the 8km if it's just me
Ipswich Park2Park (June) 10km
Bridge to Brisbane (June)the 8km... maybe... It was a huge clusterfuck this year...
Gold Coast Half Marathon (July) or the 10km depending on my knee
A run in August if there is one, maybe just a 5km, depending on what's on. I haven't found anything yet
The Bridge Bash (September) I think it's an 8km?
The Jacaranda Festival Run (October) 10km
DS will be in year 6 next year (scary shit, my baby is almost in high school) and he is needing more an more support in terms of school, and general guidance. Just the usual parenting shit, but it appears he needs more and more from me as he gets older. So I can't go back to work full time yet, but I am planning a bit of freelance work for next year. I already have a wedding booked for the 2nd of Feb, and I have a couple of people wanting family shit done, so we will see what happens there.
We are going to need to build a Granny flat for MIL this year. FIL is getting to the stage where she will be unable to look after him, and will have to put him in a care facility, if he doesn't leave us first.
Either way, she is coming to live with us. We live in a high set house, so building in under the house will be perfect for her. She can have her privacy, and we can have ours. So I am going to have to get cracking on that before t he new year, get quotes and prices.. Fun. At least it wont be as intrusive as when we had work done earlier this year. We had builders in the house every day. They will just be downstairs this time.
I do plan on going back to church. In Australia we have the Uniting Church, it's what was the Methodist and Presbyterian church. They united in the 70's, doing away with the Metho's and Presby's.
Anyway, that is the church I was married in, and had DS baptised but of late I haven't been impressed with the politics within the church, and less than impressed with their choice of ministers (One of DH's nieces is about to become our local minister, and she is the last fucking person I would go to for spiritual guidance!) and even less impressed with the (lack of) support they are offering the kids in the church.
So I am giving very, very serious consideration to converting to Catholicism. My IL's all have the horrors about this, but fuck 'em. They just don't want DH to convert too. They don't give a shit about me, or DS. To them it looks bad to have so many ministers in the family, then have my DH convert.
The local catholic church seems like it has a real community feel about it, lots of support for the kiddo's, ladies groups, and family events all the time. I guess that's what I am looking for, aside from the spiritual aspect, a community.
I don't know yet. I guess I need to put some prayer into it, and talk it all out with DH.
Monday, November 12, 2007
2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Come to Canberra and do the 10km Canberra Times Family Fun Run with me in August! Thats when its normally held I'm pretty sure. It was great this year and my first 10km race, clocked in at an improveable 71 minutes. Loved it.
I am impressed with the runs you have planned.
Conversion to Catholicism is a huge choice dear, take this from a lapsed Catholic, now United Methodist, if you go by the fact I married one and when we do attend church that is where we go.
For an adult I think they require adult catachism and all of that before you can join the church. Good luck with the choice.
Right now we are unhappy with the Pastor of our church and the general politics that came into play with her arrival so we haven't been attending regularly so I understand that feeling.
Good luck with the remodel, I don't know if I could do that, but you know they say us Americans tend to be the ones who do not take care of our elders. Our parents leave me questioning lots though...as my blog shows.
Hugs dearest!
i wanna come and do the July marathon with you!!! that would be so cool - even if its 8K ... :) hmmmmm
Post a Comment