CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Oh, oh, oh! Just to serial blog...

To break away from the consumerism of Christmas, DS and I will be making gifts this year! Fun, huh?

I want this to be the type of stuff he remembers. No one ever really remembers what they got for Christmas back in 1985 (well.... I do recall getting those twin Cabbage Patch Kids in the pink lace dresses I wanted that year... But I digress)

Anyhoo. DS and I will be making banana bread, ginger cookies and short bread cookies for the adults, and stained glass cookies and gingerbread men for his cousins (each gingerbread man will be decorated for each cousin with their name on it)

It will be fun (I hope) and meaningful (again... I hope)

The plan is to spend the days before Christmas cooking and wrapping the cookies in clear wrap, with ribbon and a candy cane on each package.

I also want to make some decorations. I am thinking of these and I am thinking we could also make Christmas cracker/bon bon things (you know, the type you pull apart, and crap falls out?)

Anyway. That's the plan.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

so what you are saying is that I am gonna get a package in the mail with cookies and other goodies wrapped in clear plastic with a candycane on it LOL>;0 Joking lol

Jodi said...

oh and don't forget the banana bread LOL

Unknown said...

tricky, you took me to a Martha Stewart site, very mean.
The ornaments are cute though, make sure to watch my main blog next week...I will posting pics of some of the ornaments I painted or made over the years