Moroccan Chick Peas
1 can of plain diced tomatoes
1 can of Moroccan flavoured tomatoes (in Oz you get them in Woolies, if you can't get them, a tablespoon Moroccan spice will do)
1 can of chick peas
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
250gm Sweet potato
250gm of zucchini
2 carrots
1/2 cup of sultana's
1 cup of couscous
To save time, I dice the sweet potato, cut the zucchini and onion, and steam them in the microwave.
Then, I dice the onion and garlic and sauté in the olive oil. When the onion is a nice brown colour, I tip in the tins of tomatoes (and spices if needed) and chick pea's. By now the carrot, zucchini and sweet potato are done, throw them all in the pot with the tomatoes, throw in the sultanas, and stir in.
Prepare the couscous to packet direction (you could also use brown rice) and when the couscous is done, dinner is ready!
I love this recipe, because it is really yummy, and takes a total of about 10 minutes to prepare, and 5 to cook. And when I have carnivorous dinner guests, I leave in the chick pea's, but add some diced lamb, chicken or beef. Everyone loves it!
Monday, November 19, 2007
I have been meaning to post this for a while...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Mmmm....yummy recipe. This is Green from LBT. I adore vegetarian fare. And I find your blog very entertaining.
Post a Comment