CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

A couple of things I have noticed

In general....


#1 People are not honest with themselves.

Lie to me all you want. Just be honest with YOU. You will get NOWHERE if you are not honest with yourself, and hold yourself accountable for your own actions. They are your own. Embrace them. They are yours. And if you can't your fucked. Simple as that.

#2 I am not a clairvoyant.

Just because I have lost all my weight, doesn't mean that when I got to goal weight someone just appeared out of nowhere and handed me a crystal ball and said "Now you have the power to know if everyone you come in contact with will lose weight!" Not so. I don't have a fucking clue if you will get to goal. I have even less of an idea of what you will l look like when you get there. And No. I don't know if you will need reconstructive surgery. I didn't go to medical school. My only experence with medical type things is in the field of being a patient.

#3 I'm not nice.

Yep. I don't actually care what you do or where you end up if you don't. If you are not interested in fixing your own situation, I am not interested in helping you. Simple. I just don't have time to deal with wankers who sort of, kind of want to lose weight, but not badly enough to do anything beyond getting the band (forget exercise or actually changing their diet! God forbid!)

#4 I am slightly obsessed with running.

Not really a bad thing. Just an observation.

#5 I don't like being called skinny.

I fucking hate it. It grates. Even when it's said with no malice, I still hate it. Skinny implies ill health, and that couldn't be further from the truth. Simple as that. Nothing deep seated, nothing deeper than that. I just don't like what the word implies.

#6 I eat more than most.

Who came up with this 1/4th of a cup bullshit? I would fucking starve to death on 1/4th of a cup. I am eating a muesli bar as I type this (wipes crumbs off keyboard) I eat roughly 1 to 1.5 cups at a sitting, at least 3 x a day. Granted, I am totally unfilled, but fuck... Who the hell can get all the nutrition they NEED on 3x 1/4 th of a cup a day? It actually smacks of anorexic behaviour to me. One extreme to another.

#7 People don't go to doctors for a medical opinion, they go to LBT.

This strikes me as really, really fucking strange. Why the fuck would they ask a bunch of faceless strangers who have no medical training at all, for a medical opinion? Is it because the faceless strangers tell them what they want to hear? Or is it because they really are that fucking stupid that they think that the stranger on the internet knows more than a doctor who trained for close to a decade?

/rant

2 comments:

Jodi said...

YOu know that I love ya right? haha and you are nice and loving and one of my dear friends.

and you are right if you don't want to help yourself then no one can help you. It has to come within.

and you knew I was gonna have surgery soon so in a way you do have a crystal ball.

haha you know you love me too


right

Unknown said...

Well as this ate my seriously long and thought out comment yesterday I don't know....I just want to say I agree with you on everything and I am not just sucking up...which I once and awhile do, but not with friends. I try to be honest with them so they are honest with me. You and Jodi have been a huge part of my life this past year and inspire me so much.